UT Tax Deferred Income Plans


 Although Residents and Fellows are "Special Employees" who are not eligible for regular state retirement, UT offers several tax-deferred income plans in which you can participate:  401(k), 403(b), and 457 Plans. 


As a Special Employee, you are not eligible for matching funds in the 401(k) plan.  


For information regarding the 401 (k) and 457 plans (types of funds available, how to choose, etc.) please visit the Treasury website at http://www.treasury.state.tn.us/dc/index.html. 


For information regarding the 403 (b) plan, please visit the UTHSC Benefits website at http://www.uthsc.edu/hr/benefits/retirement_plan/tax-deferred-annuities.php.


If you would like to enroll in one of the retirement plans please download and complete the forms at the links below: 


The 401k and 457 forms can be found here:




The 403b form: http://www.uthsc.edu/hr/benefits/retirement_plan/documents/403b-enrollment-form2015.pdf


Bring your completed forms to Jacqueline Hogan in the GME Office in the Whitehall Building for processing. If you have any questions, please contact Jacqueline Hogan directly at 423-778-3899 or jacqueline.hogan@erlanger.org


UT College of Medicine Chattanooga     960 East Third Street, Suite 100     Chattanooga, TN 37403     (800)947-7823, ext 6956     info@utcomchatt.org

Custom CMS and Web Design by Papercut Interactive