Medical Student Housing and Amenities
Click on this link to go directly to the online form to request student housing.
Amenities provided to medical students.
- A meal card is provided for use in the Erlanger Employee Cafeteria. Currently, students are able to charge up to $50 per week on that card in the main Erlanger Cafeteria for their own personal meals and/or snacks.
- Free parking is provided by Erlanger adjacent to the hospital.
- Housing is provided by Erlanger at no charge to the student, on a space available basis, in 20 two-bedroom, modestly furnished units at Autumn Brook Apartments in Hixson. First priority is to third year students, second priority to fourth year UT students, and then housing as available to visiting fourth year students. Students are limited toup to consecutive blocks in the apartments.
- Utilities at the apartments (water, electricity, and basic cable, high speed internet connection with your own ethernet cable) are provided by Erlanger. Each student must bring his/her own computer and ethernet cable to connect to the network. Phone service is not provided so students must bring their own cell phones.
- Call rooms and lockers are provided in the hospital.
- 24-hour access to the Erlanger Medical Library with no charge for use of copy machines
Erlanger leases the units at the Autumn Brook Apartment complex in the Hixson community located about 20 minutes from the hospital. Each apartment is modestly furnished and the complex is gated and has a courtesy officer. An internet cable modem is provided in each apartment, but students must bring their own computers and ethernet cables. Students should submit the online Request for Student Housing for as soon as they schedule rotations to request housing.
The Autumn Brook Apartments are located at 5555 Hixson Pike, Hixson, TN 37343. The phone number for the Autumn Brook Apartments office is (423) 842-5550.